The deadline for 2016 Dust Control has now passed.
Dust Control Program 2016
County residents desiring dust control on the County road adjacent to their property should apply in person prior to May 6, 2016 to:
Camrose County Public Works Department
Office hours are 8:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday, closed from 12:00 - 1:00 for lunch.
**Due to application scheduling, please note deadline is firm with no exceptions***
Applicants will be responsible for the approximate cost of $280.00 plus GST per 100 meter length of Calcium Chloride material applied to the road surface.
For information please call 672-4449 if you have any questions.
Dust Control for Private Individuals
Council recognizes that a private individual/resident may desire and request dust control measures to be undertaken by the County at the expense of the homeowner/resident.
Council also recognizes that private individuals may not have access to the pertinent information with respect to dust control products, supplies, application method, etc. as readily as the County Administration.
Dust Control on County Roads requested by private individuals, may be undertaken by the Public Works department subject to the following guidelines/condition:
- The Public Works Department will receive requests from individuals for dust control on roads adjacent to private residences
- The Manager of Public Works will determine the distance for which dust control is required and will provide an estimate of cost to the person requesting the same.
- The person requesting dust control, if willing to pay for the cost of the dust control product, will enter into an agreement approved by Council and annexed hereto as APPENDIX "A"
- The products to be used for application on a County road will be Calcium Chloride, Refined Oils and Used Oils, or such other substances as may be approved by Council.
- The Manager of Public Works will coordinate the application of the dust control products pursuant to the agreements with private individuals, in conjunction with other dust control projects that may be undertaken by the County, so as to make the most efficient use of time, equipment and other resources.