Development Permits


Building, Plumbing, Electrical,

Gas and Rural Sewage Permits

You need a development permit to:

  • Construct or move in a building or structure
  • Operate a business, including a home based business
  • develop an unfinished basement
  • erect a sign

Before starting any building project, ensure that you have the necessary safety code permits for your project.  The safety code system is designed to ensure your project is built in accordance with the Alberta Building Code and relate safety codes.


Contact the Planning and Development Department at the County Office or email   The Safety Codes for the County are overseen by the City of Camrose.  Contact them at (780) 672-4428 or
More detailed Development Permit information   The City of Camrose Permit information