Private Sewage Systems

What you need to know as a landowner about

Private Sewage Systems

As a rural landowner, you are responsible for properly using and maintaining your private sewage system.  Improper use and lack of regular maintenance may contaminate your water well and local groundwater supply, putting the health of your family and neighbours at risk Private Sewage systems are regulated by the Private Sewage Disposal Systems Regulation, through the Building Codes department at the City of Camrose.  Contact them at (780) 672-4428 or

For additional information contact:

Alberta Environment Information Centre (780) 427-2700 (toll free 310-0000)

Ag-Info Centre 310-FARM (3276) toll free