A Letter from Ag. Minister Dreeshen to all Farmers, Ranchers, Agricultural Workers and other stakeholders:


Dear Stakeholders,

My government has proposed the Farm Freedom and Safety Act (FFSA) to ensure sustainability in the agriculture sector by reducing the regulatory burden and getting Albertans back to work.  We are committed to a comprehensive consultation on how best to balance the unique economic needs of farming with the need for a common sense, flexible farm and ranch workplace legislation.   

We are consulting on how new legislation can:

  • Recognize that a farm is unlike other businesses and that farmers and ranchers require flexibility in meeting workplace standards.

  • Require employers to have workplace insurance, but allow the choice of market insurance or the Workers’ Compensation Board as long as basic standards of coverage are met.

  • Exempt small farms from employment standards legislation.

  • Minimize red tape and reduce the regulatory burden on farmers and ranchers, while still ensuring basic safety standards.

We are seeking targeted input directly from farmers, ranchers, agricultural workers, and others, as well as indirectly from a broader audience:

  • Social media links on Facebook and Twitter that you can share and re-Tweet.

  • You may also see me and other MLAs across the province this summer as we participate in grassroots conversations with Albertans about the Farm Freedom and Safety Act.  For more information about these opportunities I encourage you and your members to contact your local MLA office.

I hope you take this opportunity to ensure your voice is heard.




Honourable Devin Dreeshen

Minister, Agriculture and Forestry

Click here to visit the "Real" Hansen Brothers of Hockey page on the Living Heritage Website - A museum without walls!

The Regional Recreation Master Plan has been drafted and we would like to hear your feedback before it is finalized.  Please review the draft version of the plan and provide your thoughts via the feedback form below by November 29.  Your input has been integral throughout the entire planning process. 

Watch the Video recapping the Master Plan process here!



Check out the Research Findings here.

Review the Draft Plan here.

Provide your Feedback here.

Thank you for providing your feedback.  Your comments will be reviewed and edits to the Master Plan will be applied.  Thanks again for your participation!


Camrose County is pleased to partner with the RCMP in Alberta to host on our website the RCMP Crime Map.  This map shows certain types of crimes in the last 14 days in our County and in other participating municipalities.  Check out the link below and let us know your thoughts (


RCMP Crime Map


Effective April 1, 2018, producers will need to have an EFP completion letter dated within the last 10 years to be considered current and eligible for cost-share funding with the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change programs of the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP). That means, for example, if you apply in September 1, 2018, your EFP will need to have been approved on or after September 1, 2008 to be considered for current funding.

I’m sure the first question you’ll ask after reading the title is “Why?”. There has been a movement to harmonize EFPs nationally to make EFPs more useful to sustainable sourcing programs, and Alberta is the only province without a renewal period; therefore, we are doing it to make EFPs useful to sustainable sourcing programs across Canada.

I’m sure the next question is “How often?”. The Alberta EFP program has a Stakeholder Advisory Committee (an industry advisory group) that set the renewal period at 10 years.  We are waiting to see if the renewal period becomes part of the harmonized national standard.  If it does, we anticipate we will need to move the renewal period to 5 years or less in the future.

What does this mean for producers?

  • If you want to apply for Growing Forward/CAP grants, you will need a current EFP.
  • If a sustainable sourcing program requires it (e.g. the potato sustainability initiative), you will need a current EFP
  • If your completion letter is older than 10 years, you will need to do a new workbook and action plan.
  • If you cannot find your completion letter, you will need to start and complete a new EFP to be considered current, regardless of the completion date; unless your EFP is online.
  • Technicians cannot give out completion letters without doing a full review of a new EFP (both workbook and action plan).

Producers should use the online workbook!  ~ Why?

  • The online workbook does many of the calculations for you and carries data forward to other parts of the online workbook where needed
  • Future renewals will be easier. The data are stored online on a secure virtual private server accessible only to ARECA staff entrusted to deliver the EFP Program.
    • When the next version change comes, your data will be migrated to the newest version, making updates easier and simpler.
  • If available, you should use your original binder as a reference for your EFP renewal.  Producers who have done this have told us putting the paper version online takes a few hours
  • If you cannot renew online, then you need to complete a new binder of the latest version.

How do I Renew?

Camrose County is pleased to partner with Lacombe County for the registration of Ice Fishing Huts on Buffalo Lake for 2020.  This program protects the environment and ensures the safety of anglers and boaters.  There is no charge to register an ice hut.  Once you have a hut number, you can use it on any ice hut you own.  Registration cards will be sent to you by mail; and we ask that you display the registration numbers clearly on the outside of your fishing hut.  If you have more than one fishing hut, please spray paint or print the same number on each hut.

Registration is required to identify the owner of an ice hut in the event of a littering problem or if the ice hut is not removed from the ice by the March 31 deadline or before ice break-up, even if it is before the removal date.

Please follow this link to find a form on the Lacombe County website.  Camrose County residents are asked to complete the Lacombe County form.

Link to Ice-Fishing Hut Registration Form 


Although Farm Vehicles (Class 2) are exempt from the provisions of sections 10 and 22 of the NSC (National Safety Code for Motor Carriers) when carrying bales (IF they do not exceed the posted speed limit or 80 km/hr, whichever is less, and the vehicle is not operated onon any highway or portion of a highway except to cross the highway), they are NOT EXEMPT from Section 5(2) of the Cargo Securement Standard which states:

"The cargo securement system shall provide a downward force equal to at least 20% of the weight of an article of cargo if the article is not fully contained within the structure of the vehicle"

What this is saying is that you MUST secure each bale with strap, with a marked Working Load Limit (WWL) of at least 20% of weight or aggregate weight of each bale or stack of bales loaded on any vehicle.

For example, If you have a sinigle bale that weighs 500 kg you would need to secure that bale with a strap marked with a WWL of 100 kg. 

If you have one strap over two bales that weight 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 200 kg. 

If you have a single strap over three bales that weigh 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 300 kg.

The fines for an improperly secured load are up to $776.


As the snowy season is fully upon us, Camrose County wants to remind you about the details of the Driveway Plowing Policy.

The County will plow driveways on a fee for service basis, up to 4 times per calendar year, at a cost of $40 per time. In order to request the service a Save Harmless Agreement needs to be on file with the County. You can pay in advance for driveway plowing and then call Public Works to request it when the need arises. If you pay in advance for plowing and then don't use the service in this calendar year the money will be carried forward to next year for your use. Please remember that the requested driveway plowing will occur when the grader is in your area, and clearing the roads is the first priority of the grader fleet.

There are numerous private plowing contractors in the area that are available to residents who require more frequent plowing.  

To see the full Policy and link to the Camrose Directory for Plowing Services click here:



Create your survey with SurveyMonkey


Subscribe to News