Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria)
A blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) bloom and/or toxin has been identified in Little Beaver Lake water.
To protect yourself and your pets, avoid contact with blue-green algae blooms; don’t swim or wade in water where blue-green algae is visible; do not drink or cook with water from this lake.
If contact occurs, wash with clean water as soon as possible.
You can safely consume fish fillets from this lake; however, you should limit your consumption of whole fish and trimmings as fish may store toxins in their liver.
You are also advised to avoid feeding your pets whole fish and trimmings.
Persons experiencing illness after having contact with lake water are advised to call Health Link at 811.