EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Volunteer Fire Chief Position
Camrose County is currently accepting applications for the volunteer position of Fire Chief for the Camrose County Fire Hall #2, which is located on Highway 609 at Range Road 211. The Camrose County Fire Chief is under
the direction and supervision of the Protective Services Manager/Sgt. or his designate. The Camrose County Fire Chief will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing County Fire Department functions including
recruitment, training, fire prevention, and suppression. The position is also responsible for the coordination of an integrated team of Firefighters. This volunteer leadership position is paid by honorarium.
• Exhibits behavior to the highest standard, both personally and professionally.
• Possess a valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement is preferred and a clean Criminal Record.
• Experience with emergency/disaster responses as related to fire.
• Thorough understanding of all applicable Standard Operating Guidelines for the Fire Service.
• Knowledge of fire attack tactics and fire behavior would be an asset.
• Knowledge of applicable provincial and municipal legislation, bylaws, and policies.
• Knowledge of computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Completion of NFPA 1001 Level 1 Certification(s).
• Experience as a Firefighter or Fire Officer, preferably including experience as an Incident Commander.
• Experience in personnel management would be an asset.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interested candidates are requested to forward their application and résumé either by mail or email, marked “Confidential”, to the attention of:
Protective Services Manager/Sgt.
Camrose, AB T4V 3S8
All applicants are thanked for their interest and advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted