Application resources

Building Permits

Development Permits are not the same as Building Permits.  After obtaining a development permit you will require Safety Codes Permits (Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Gas, and Private Sewage).

The County works with the City of Camrose to issue Safety Codes Permits. Information on these permits is available on the City of Camrose Website. Building Permits are required for most construction projects.  These projects include new buildings, additions, renovations, alterations, major repairs, relocations/demolitions and possibly change in use of a structure. 

The Safety Codes Act requires that all contractors and homeowners in Alberta obtain permits before starting any work on buildings.  Camrose County does not administer Building Permits.  After receiving an approved Development Permit, applicants must contact the City of Camrose Building Permit department to receive a building permit.

Safety Codes
City Hall
5204 - 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P. 780.672.4428
F. 780.672.6316


Gas & Electrical Service Providers

Other Developments

Every development is unique and similar developments may have differing regulations due to where the land parcel is located.  Please reach out to the Planning Department with questions specific to your area and development plans.

Flood Hazard Information

Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) has been conducting a number of flood studies that include reports and maps. A study is in progress that assesses and identifies flood hazards along Camrose Creek and an unnamed tributary stream that flows through Camrose and Camrose County. Draft information has been made available through the links below and updates will appear as they are completed.

Flood Hazard Links


Contact Us

Planning and Development Department
Manager - Anjah Howard

3755 - 43 Avenue,
Camrose, Alberta, T4V 3S8

View Map


Phone: (780) 678-3070

Planning Documents

Land Use Bylaw

Municipal Development Plan