Building permits

Development Permits are not the same as Building Permits.  After obtaining a development permit you will require Safety Codes Permits (Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Gas, and Private Sewage).

The County works with the City of Camrose to issue Safety Codes Permits. Information on these permits is available on the City of Camrose Website. Building Permits are required for most construction projects.  These projects include new buildings, additions, renovations, alterations, major repairs, relocations/demolitions and possibly change in use of a structure. 

The Safety Codes Act requires that all contractors and homeowners in Alberta obtain permits before starting any work on buildings.  Camrose County does not administer Building Permits.  After receiving an approved Development Permit, applicants must contact the City of Camrose Building Permit department to receive a building permit.

Safety Codes
City Hall
5204 - 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P. 780.672.4428
F. 780.672.6316

Contact Us

Planning and Development Department
Manager - Anjah Howard

3755 - 43 Avenue,
Camrose, Alberta, T4V 3S8

View Map


Phone: (780) 678-3070

Planning Documents

Land Use Bylaw

Municipal Development Plan