Below is a description of the County departments and their areas of responsibility.
The Administration Department consists of the CAO, Corporate Services Manager, Finance Manager, Executive Assistant, Tax Clerk, AP Clerk, Receptionist and AR Clerk, Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, GIS Technician and IT Tech. The offices for Administration are in the Main County Admin Building.
The Administration Department is responsible for the following:
- The overall management and administration
- All Finance operations of the County
- All Technology (computers, software) and GIS (mapping, fleet tracking) and communication services for the entire organization
- Publications, Social Media, County website, and Annual Reports
- Intermunicipal relations
- Intergovernmental relations
- Legislative Services
The County Planning Department consists of the Manager of Planning, the Development Officer and a Planning Admin Assistant (shared with Assessment). The Planning Offices are in the main County administration building.
The Planning Department is responsible for the following:
- Responding to ratepayer and developer inquiries
- Seek public input on planning and development matters (i.e. Public Hearings, Public Open Houses)
- Development control involving Land Use By-law 1373
- Subdivision processing
- Consolidation/plan cancelation processing
- Development Permit processing
- Issuance of letters of compliance for property transactions
- Municipal Reserve (securing and disposing)
- Long term planning (i.e. Area Structure Plans, Municipal Development Plan, Inter-Municipal Development Plan, Land Use By-law etc.)
- Road Closure requests
The Manager of Planning also acts as the Economic Development Officer for the County.
The Assessment Department consists of the Senior Assessor, a summer Assessment student and the Admin Assistant (shared with the Planning Department). Camrose County also contracts some Assessment Services to Wildrose Assessment. The Assessment Department is housed at the main County Administration Building.
The Assessment department is responsible to establish and maintain property valuations (assessments) for all properties within Camrose County to ensure an equitable distribution of taxes.
The Agriculture Services Department consists of the Manager of Agriculture Services, the Assistant Ag. Fieldman, an Admin Assistant and Foreman. The Manager of the Seed Cleaning Plant and the Seed Cleaning Operators also fall under the Agriculture Services Department. Numerous summer staff are included in this area between May and September. The Agricultural Service Department is located at 4238 - 37 Street Camrose, AB T4V 5B2.
The Agriculture Services Department is responsible for the following:
- Weed and Pest Control
- Transfer Sites
- Non-Potable Water Stations
- Seed Cleaning Plant
- Parks & Recreation Maintenance
- Roadside Mowing
- Agriculture Extension Programs (Workshops, Agricultural Communications Committee events and programs, and Environmental Farm Plans)
The Public Works Department consists of a Manager of Public Works, a Construction Coordinator, Utilities Coordinator, Gravel Coordinator, and Road Supervisor. There is an Admin Assistant (shared with Protective Services) working from the Administration Office as well. Numerous outside workers are included on the Utilities Crew, Labor Crew, Gravel Crew and Grader Operators. The Public Works Shop, also located at the main Admin Building maintains all County fleet and equipment.
The Public Works Department is responsible for the following:
- Roads - Seasonal Maintenance, Rehabilitation and construction
- Bridges & Culverts
- Gravel Resource Management
- Utilities (Water and Wastewater systems in the various hamlets)
- Fleet Operations
The Protective Services Department consists of a Manager of Protective Services, three Peace Officers, and an Admin Assistant (shared with Public Works). The Protective Services Department is responsible for the following:
- Protection of the Road Infrastructure
- Road Safety
- Investigating Complaints
- Assisting other Agencies
- Parks and Campgrounds Patrols
The Protective Services Department is also responsible for the following areas:
- County and Intermunicipal Fire Departments
- County Health and Safety
- Emergency Management
As the managing partner of the West Dried Meat Lake Regional Landfill, the Landfill staff are County employees. The Landfill has a Manager, and a number of Operators and seasonal staff.