Camrose County has a Land Use Bylaw that describes how different properties may be used for topics such as the Keeping of Animals (Section 620).
- Within the Watershed Protection district, livestock may be kept at a ratio of 1 animal unit for every 2 hectares (ha).
- For Small and Large Lot Country Residential districts
- no livestock shall be kept on a lot with an area of 1 ha (2.5 acres) or less
- on lots with an area greater than 1 ha (2.5 acres), livestock may be kept in the ratio of two (2) animal units per hectare
- In hamlets, no livestock are permitted other than on lands designated as agricultural
For a definition of animal units please see Schedule A of the Land Use Bylaw