Women in Business Summit: Restarting, Reimagining, Accelerating and Recuperating
Registration is now open for our Women in Business Summit. This full day virtual event will feature diverse panel discussions, candid sessions and spotlights on female entrepreneurship, inclusive recovery in the workplace, women’s mental health and transitioning of women into high-demand jobs in high-demand sectors, including recruitment, retraining, retention and promotion.
Manjit Minhas – Canadian entrepreneur, television personality and venture capitalist
Manjit has been the star Dragon (investor) on CBC Network’s “Dragons’ Den” for the last six seasons. She is a specialist in brand development, marketing, sales management and brewing operations, distribution and manufacturing.
Manjit is the Co-founder and CEO of Minhas Breweries, Distilleries and Winery, which produces and markets all types of craft, regular and light lagers, coolers, flavoured malt beverages, spirits and wines etc. and has sold well over eight billion pints of beer worldwide.
Manjit currently serves as a board of director for ATB Financial, YYC Calgary Airport Authority, Spiritleaf Cannabis (ISH Holdings), Shop and Shout and Alberta Small Brewers Association. Manjit donates time and money to philanthropic causes in Calgary that benefit women and children, such as United Way and Ronald McDonald charities.
We will also be joined by:
· Catherine Beach, National Lead for Women in Trade, EDC
· Chana Martineau, VP, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Rural Alberta, CWB
· Jenn Harper, Founder, Cheekbone Beauty
· Becca Mintz, Customer Acquisitions Lead, Capital One
· Tammy Arseneau, VP, Culture and Talent, Suncor
· Kiersten Mohr, Founder, Terra Firma Transition Consulting
· Noralee Bradley, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Nutrien
· Zabeen Hirji, Executive Advisor, Future of Work, Executive Advisor, Deloitte
· Jennifer Bernard, President and CEO Women’s College Hospital Foundation
· Darby Lee Young, Founder and Principal, Level Playing Field
· Eyra Abraham, Founder and CEO, Lisnen
· Maayan Ziv, Founder and CEO, @AccessNowApp
Ensuring women have opportunities to fully participate in Canada’s economy is essential for widespread job creation and sustained economic growth. As the most activated business community in the country, we all have a key role to play in taking action, making the changes needed, empowering women and fostering stronger communities across Canada.