The Assessment Department establishes and maintains property valuations (assessments) for all properties within Camrose County to ensure an equitable distribution of taxes. Property assessment is the process of assigning a dollar value to a property for taxation purposes.
How Assessments are Prepared
The Municipal Government Act sets out two types of valuation standards to value property for assessment and property taxation purposes in Alberta:
Assessments are prepared every year using the directions of the Municipal Government Act, and is audited by the Department of Municipal Affairs to ensure province wide equity. Camrose County keeps a five year annual inspection cycle which ensures we maintain accurate and complete property records in order to produce an equitable and accurate assessment.
For a more detailed description of assessment types and classes click here.
Important Assessment Dates:
- May 19 - Mailing Date
- May 27 - Assessment Date
- May 27 - July 26 - 60 Day Review Period
- July 26 - Final Date to file a complaint
- July 31 - Property Tax Payments Due
- August 1 - 2% Penalty on Current Year Taxes
- November 1 - 10% Penalty on Current Outstanding Balance
- March 1 (2023) - 12% Penalty on Total Outstanding Balance
Requests for Assessment Information
3755 - 43 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 3S8