Off Highway Vehicles
Camrose County Bylaw #1040 allows for the operation of off highway vehicles such as quads and snowmobiles on roads under the direction, control and management of the County. This includes all gravel and paved County roads but does not include any two or three digit primary highways or any ditches along two or three digit highways.
Two and three digit primary highways are under the direction, control and management of the Government of Alberta
Operation of off highway vehicles on County roadways must meet the following requirements:
- the operator must be a minimum of 14 years of age and the holder of a valid class 7 operators license
- the off highway vehicle must have a valid license plate (registered) and be properly insured
- the use of helmets is mandatory
- all rules of the road within the Traffic Safety Act and the Off Highway Vehicle Regulation apply
- operators must drive single file when traveling in the same direction
- the maximum speed limit in any plan of subdivision or within the boundaries of a hamlet is 30 km/h
- off highway vehicles must not be operated in any plan of subdivision or hamlet between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.